Asociación Goiztiri Elkartea was born in 1993, in Barakaldo, as a platform that brings together different working initiatives whose objective is to improve the quality of life of people in different social and working areas.
- Registered in the Basque Gobernment Association Register N. B/4179/93.
- Registered in the Register of Private Institutions that work with Bizkaia County Council's Social Services with the number B.O. 126. 126
- UTOPIA award given by Bizkaia County Council in 1997.
- Stated as of Public Utility in the Basque Gobernment's Decree of 30th December 1997.
- Diploma in Total Quality / Excelence Commitment from Euskalit in November 2001
- PREMIE Quiality Certificate in 2003 (D-89/2003) and consolidated in 2007
- Recognised entity in favour of equal opportunities by Emakunde in 2007.
- 2009 Award for the best action in protected housing in the Basque Country, organized in its first edition by the Basque section of the Association of Housing and Floor promoters (AVS).
- 2010 Alma Solidaria award given by EL CORREO newspaper that recognizes social projects promoted by non-profit Basque social entities to develop social action programmes.
- 2011 Premio Bihotza Sariak award. Distinction of the Basque Press for the management carried out as a solidary NGO.
We have five strategic intervention areas with different programs:
- Social and working inclusion.
- Children and teenagers.
- Residential inclusion.
- Social Economy Initiatives.
- Intervention in Housing.